Improver’s Knitting With Fran Morgan SATURDAY 14th March 1pm - 4.30pm
SATURDAY 14th March 2020 1.00pm - 4.30pm
This workshop is aimed at the beginner who wants to take the next step and improve their skills.
The project for this workshop is a Cable Scarf/Cowl, with moss st borders. yarn and needles will be provided.
The subjects covered will include:
- Read the pattern carefully. How to read a pattern. Abbreviations and how to understand them. Schematics and what they mean. Modern knitting patterns often include step by step instructions.
- Which cast on method to use, the kind of increases to work and where to place them and a particular cast off method.
- Yarn. All the information you need will be on the ball band. What the symbols mean. Yardage/meterage and how it works. Substituting yarn.
- Working a tension square and swatching.
- Needles. The choice of needles and how they can affect the your knitting.
- Cast on choices. How to work a cable cast on, long tail/thumb method cast on.
Skills required: Suitable for beginners who can already knit and purl.
Equipment required: Provided on the day
Homework prior to the course: None
A few T's & C's:
Please note that we need a minimum of 2 attendees in order to run the course.
We are unable to offer refunds for cancellations with less than 2 week's notice. This is in order to give us a chance to fill the space. If you cancel at less than 2 week's notice and we are able to fill your space, we can offer you a transfer to the next available course date.
In the unlikely event that we need to cancel a course due to illness or such like, we will inform you at the earliest opportunity and either refund you or transfer you to the next available course date, depending on your preference.
We Also Recommend
Finishing Techniques - give your knitting a great finishing touch: SATURDAY March 28th 1pm - 4.30pm